Migrating public folders is a popular feature in MigrationWiz, and can be performed on its own, or as part of a larger migration project - and it's available for a great price.
Follow the steps below to get started on your public folder project with MigrationWiz!
IMPORTANT -- Before migrating:
- If the total size of your public folders is close to 50GB (to be really safe, let's say >40GB) then our support department will need to run a PowerShell script to prepare your Office 365 environment to be able to handle this migration. The prerequisites section in this guide has a link that explains this further (and the process that follows).
Prerequisites for public folder migrations:
- The source has to be Exchange 2007 or greater, or Office 365 Exchange Online.
- The destination has to be Exchange 2007 or greater, or Office 365 Exchange Online.
- Review how permissions are migrated for public folders.
Prepare source environment:
- Create administrative account at the source - to be used for your public folder migration.
- Set elevated admin role to the administrative account that is performing the migration.
- Purge old or unused data from your public folders.
- Make sure your public folder quotas are set to a size that is high enough for migration.
Prepare destination environment:
- Grant administrator account full owner permissions to the root public folder at destination (video on how to set this on Office365).
- Import public folders into dashboard. Your 3 options are:
- Add individual public folders thru quick add, and entering each root folder path (as shown in the video at the top of this document).
- Perform migration by following the steps covered in the video link at the top of this document. (Note: if you have public folders over 50GB then you will have to wait for support to have completed the PowerShell scripts processing – as described in the prerequisites section of this document).