Last Updated: October 28, 2016
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you: create an account; join our partner program; make a payment; use any BitTitan Service Offering; contact customer service; respond to questionnaires; or otherwise interact with us. The types of information we may collect vary depending on the BitTitan Service Offerings you use and may include:
- Contact Information, such as your name, role, email address, phone number, and postal address, contact information about other authorized users and contact details for your organization;
- Partner Information, such as domain name, homepage, Microsoft Partner Network ID number, your preferred distributor and details about your business (such as the number of employees you have, your customer size and industry focus);
- Payment Information, such as a billing name, billing address, phone number, email address, credit card number, expiration data and card verification code; and
- Configuration, Migration and Activation Information, such as server connection information, datacenter location preferences, administrative, mailbox and other credentials, address book information, migration settings and related information (such as folder mapping, date filters, file types and security key/certificates) and information required to set up a mailbox gateway (such as port information). If necessary, we may also access, the contents of your mailbox, files or other data for migration purposes, upon your request, to troubleshoot or to provide other technical assistance.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU USE THE BITTITAN SERVICE OFFERINGS
When you access or use the BitTitan Service Offerings, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the BitTitan Service Offerings, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the BitTitan Service Offerings.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the BitTitan Service Offerings, including, but not limited to, configuration information, network speed, hardware model, operating system and version and information about the software on your computer or device.
- Infrastructure Information: In connection with certain BitTitan Service Offerings, such as HealthCheck, we collect information from on-premises infrastructure, remote workstations, operating environments, servers and devices, including information about software, applications, mailboxes, browsers, bandwidth and operating systems.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve the BitTitan Service Offerings and your experience, see which areas and features of the BitTitan Service Offerings are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the BitTitan Service Offerings or our emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the BitTitan Service Offerings.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for the purposes of:
- Provide, maintain and improve the BitTitan Service Offerings, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by BitTitan and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the BitTitan Service Offerings;
- Automatically determine if you are using the most current version of our software and/or third party software and notify you if an upgrade is available;
- Personalize and improve the BitTitan Service Offerings and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
BitTitan is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- When we have your consent, with third parties for their own business purposes, including to market products and services to you;
- If you live in a jurisdiction where we have an arrangement with a third party reseller or consultant, or if you are using a partner-branded version of the BitTitan Service Offerings, we will share information about you with the reseller, consultant or partner to provide you with the products and services you requested;
- If you establish an account with BitTitan after clicking an affiliate link on a third party website, or if your account registration identifies a BitTitan partner who referred you to BitTitan, your domain name and the time of your referral will be displayed to that partner for tracking purposes, but BitTitan will not share the remainder of your email address or any other identifying information (e.g., If JohnDoe@example.com is referred by a BitTitan partner at 12 noon on January 1, 2010, the partner could access an administrative page indicating that BitTitan received a referral of someone from example.com at that time);
- If you participate in any interactive areas of the BitTitan Service Offerings (such as a bulletin board, blog or chat room), the information you provide may be displayed publicly;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of BitTitan or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the BitTitan Service Offerings that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU individuals received pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield, BitTitan is potentially liable.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
BitTitan takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
EU-US PRIVACY SHIELD
218 Main Street #719
Kirkland, WA 98033
Attn: Legal Department
BitTitan has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles using JAMS, a dispute resolution provider located in the United States and which serves as our third-party alternative dispute resolution provider. Please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available.
BitTitan is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and/or other U.S. authorized statutory bodies. BitTitan may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
You may access, update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the BitTitan Service Offerings.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from BitTitan by following the instructions in those communications or logging in to your account and updating your contact preferences. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. BitTitan qualifies for this alternative option. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please email privacy@BitTitan.com.