BitTitan Strengthens Enterprise Cloud Offering at Microsoft IgniteNew features enhance cloud adoption for enterprises and partners at a fraction of the time and cost
May 06, 2015
CHICAGO – May 6, 2015 – Microsoft Ignite booth #335 – BitTitan, the cloud enablement provider, today at Microsoft Ignite announces new enterprise features for its cloud-based data migration solution, MigrationWiz®, to provide large business with a seamless, fast and secure transition to the cloud, including Microsoft® Office 365™. The additional enterprise capabilities consider the unique needs of the enterprise market and reduce costs and project times from months to weeks. In addition, the new features enhance enterprise cloud revenue opportunities for the channel.
While the benefits of the cloud for the enterprise are immense, so are the challenges involved with the move. For example, migrating enterprise archives was primarily done on premise, which made it expensive, time-consuming and resource-intensive. Additionally, adhering to compliance and security regulations during a move is no small feat. The result is a complex and costly transition that many enterprises choose to avoid. To overcome this, BitTitan has launched four new features for MigrationWiz that enable a simple, fast and secure move to the cloud.
- MigrationWiz supports archive migration from Symantec™ Enterprise Vault™ to Office 365, Microsoft Exchange™ online archives, on premise and Exchange™ hosted archives, Google Vault and all other existing destinations supported by MigrationWiz mailbox migrations. Support for EMC® EmailXtender® and SourceOne™ and HP® Autonomy archive platforms will be available this summer.
- MigrationWiz’s enterprise archive feature, which reduces archive migrations from several months to just weeks, is now on the market. Enterprise archive migration through MigrationWiz is a unique three-phase process. Raw data is shipped to Azure™, messages are extracted and then data and messages are migrated to the new email and archive target platform. This approach simplifies and completes the migration at a fraction of the time and cost, and enables companies to pay for only the users and data they need and want to move.
.pst File Support
- The legal and compliance risks of migrating locally stored personal storage folders from Microsoft Outlook®, such as messages, attachments and calendar invites, is a challenge most enterprises choose to avoid. Furthermore, discovering and moving .pst files is difficult due to costs, management and complexity. Therefore, enterprises require a simple and secure means to centrally store and manage these files. Enterprises can use MigrationWiz to automatically discover and securely migrate .pst files from end-user desktops to the cloud, to an on premise Exchange server, to an archive solution or to specific mailboxes.
- This new feature within MigrationWiz provides a complete audit trail and log of the entire migration. Customers are able to build on top of the data to create customized reports to provide the transparency necessary for security and compliance.
Support for Microsoft Coexistence
- MigrationWiz now supports mail and calendar free/busy coexistence. This is critical for complex migrations that are rolled out in phases within an enterprise as it enables mail and calendars to run on premise and in the cloud during the entire migration process.
“The unique needs of the enterprise should not be a deterrent from the cloud, but instead an opportunity,” said Geeman Yip, CEO and founder of BitTitan. “MigrationWiz’s latest capabilities put the focus back on the benefits of the cloud as opposed to the complexities involved with the move. This not only enables the cloud for large enterprises, but enables the channel to take on cloud projects that were once impossible.”
Today’s announcement adds to BitTitan’s existing enterprise offerings. This includes Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant migrations for compliant data transfer, DeploymentPro™ for automated onboarding to the cloud, and Advisory Services to support the unique needs of enterprises managing complex business scenarios such as acquisitions, consolidation and divestitures.
Further confirmation of BitTitan’s expertise in the enterprise market is its recently earned Microsoft Competencies, including Gold competencies for both Cloud Platform and Messaging, as well as a Silver competency for Cloud Productivity.
BitTitan is showcasing MigrationWiz at Microsoft Ignite, taking place at McCormick Place in Chicago, May 4-8, 2015. To see a demo, attendees can visit booth #335.