Product Release Notes contain information about new features, improvements, and bug fixes for BitTitan solutions and services. For the most current information, visit the Product Announcements section in the BitTitan Help Center.
New Endpoint: G Suite (Gmail API) now available at Source
Customers can now migrate Gmail between instances of G Suite using the Gmail API for better security and fidelity than IMAP.
- Currently supported only for migrations from G Suite (Gmail API) to G Suite (Gmail API)
- Customers can use their own G Suite account instead of using BitTitan service account for better throughput
- Need to create customer tenant service account and enable APIs
- Can choose to have a common service account or setup separate service accounts for Source and Destination
- Managed via uploading the account credentials JSON file during endpoint
- Refer to Set Up Google API
- What is migrated?
- What new items are migrated?
- New migration support for Gmail system labels
- Categories: Social, Updates, Forums, Promotions
- Enhanced handling for Snoozed and Scheduled Mails:
- Snoozed mails migrated with '[Gmail]/Snoozed' label (as normal mail without snooze properties)
- Scheduled mails migrated with '[Gmail]/Scheduled' label (as normal mail properties)
- New migration support for Gmail custom label properties
- Label color
- Show in label list
- Show in message list
SharePoint/OneDrive Application Permission
Enable via AdvancedOptions 'UseApplicationPermission=1'
- Customers can now perform SharePoint/OneDrive migrations securely with App Permissions instead of having to use Global Admin and/or Site Collection Admin permissions)
- Refer to: https://help.bittitan.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047240093
- There are now two authentication options for App ID which supports a least-permissions method to authenicate
- The new App with ReadOnly permissions can be used explicitly at the Source for better security
Best Practice / Recommended Flow
- Global Admin creates new Security Group named "MigrationWiz" (at the Office 365 Admin Portal)
- Global Admin creates new user
- Global Admin adds user to security group as a member
- Creates MW project and fill the endpoints with the user (created above) credentials
- Add the advanced option UseApplicationPermission=1
Notes specifically for OneDrive:
- No longer need Global Admin for OneDrive migrations
- User still needs to provide "admin" credentials in the endpoint
- Destination user's OneDrive needs to be pre-provisioned
Notes for SharePoint:
- Supported only for cloud-to-cloud migrations
- Not supported for on-prem to cloud
- No longer need Site Collection Admin credentials for SharePoint
- AMR or the Advanced Option UseAsynchronousMetadatRead=1 cannot be run at Source with ReadOnly App
- User will need to use FullControl at Source for AMR and permissions migration
Teams Private Channel Update
- As of this release, Teams private channels do not migrate by default
- To manually migrate private channels to a new destination, contact Support.
SharePoint/OneDrive v1 Destination Endpoints Renamed
Objective was to default the destination endpoints to v2 to:
- Discourage use of v1 unless necessary e.g. for government/delegate migrations
- Reduce heavy throttling
- Destination endpoints have been renamed as below
- Banner will show up for the All Projects page and Document type migrations
Refer to SharePoint and OneDrive for Business v1 Connectors Changing for further details.
MigrationWiz will no longer support any new Box, EML, Amazon Workmail, or Open X-Change migration projects.
- Box as a Source endpoint has been removed. Existing Box migrations will not be impacted
- EML, Amazon Workmail, and Open X-Change endpoints have been removed. Existing migrations will not be impacted.
Teams Assessment Performance Improvement
- Teams assessments will see significant speed and performance improvement now that the connection to each SharePoint site is removed during the Assessment stage.
Teams - Improved SharePoint Folder Tolerance
- Previously, non-fatal SharePoint error would fail the migration
- With this fix, non-fatal SharePoint errors can be skipped so that migration does not fail
- This will reduce the failure rate due to SharePoint errors
Teams - Automated Folder Mapping for Renamed Channels
- Previously, user had to manually add a Support Option for each channel mapping
- With this fix, renamed channels and the mappings will be applied automatically
Filter by Non-Colored Star